Adding battery to the PHEV

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they selling for the Accord PHEV or just in general? I'm interested in what's available, but haven't done any reading on options yet.

Accord and the Accord PHEV. The window tint shop I've visited stated that the PHEV window tint kit is not listed.

Howard has the right idea, a piggy backed battery or a software hack to access the other 3-4kwh of power in the battery that is always held as a buffer by the software would be a good idea. I like the idea of a 20-25% power reserve. 50% is overkill.

I made an inquiry once: here is the response from: [email protected]

I have no idea what is the Honda battery. If is lithium batteries with max 4.2V per cell - could be replaced with more powerful directly - we can offer Nissan Leaf batteries for that. I could not find any info on internet.

For example - Prius EV 2012 has 20Ah batteries - 56 pieces, that could be directly replaced with 28 Nissan Leaf modules - and that will increase the range from 13 miles to about 40 miles. That is relatively easy job, because both using same battery chemistry. Cost is abut $5500

I don't know about the Honda.

You can check with Phuginsupply.com - they could have something.

Thanks

Nick

Back