PHEV wheels without the wheel covers (w/ pics!)

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virad

Finally got those wheel covers off!

http://s364.photobucket.com/user/virad/slideshow/Mobile Uploads

image.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

Cobra":3vg3qtnk said:
Wow, nice. So will you leave them off?

And did you loose 2mpg now? :D :D

lol ;) too soon to tell, but I haven't noticed a big difference in the mpg, although I have a heavy foot to begin with.

The covers are definitely staying off for now! I think it looks much better

Nice!

I think I'm leaving mine on for now. Yesterday was my first month into ownership so I'm not in any hurry to start modifying.

YET. :p

Looks good! Thanks for sharing...

How were they attached, and how did you get them off?

Do you have any pictures of the back of the wheel covers (now that they're off of the car)?

marta":3pq4uqqr said:
Looks good! Thanks for sharing...

How were they attached, and how did you get them off?

Do you have any pictures of the back of the wheel covers (now that they're off of the car)?

They are held in place by the lug nuts holding the wheel. I have a jack and tools at home to remove the lug nuts and then remove the wheel cover. Do NOT try to remove the lug nuts without a jack...the wheel will start to shift away from the hub when you loosen and remove the lug nuts. Worst case scenario, the wheel may completely fall off the hub.

I'll take a pic of the back of the wheel cover and post it later.

Jaycee":30y1p21i said:
Center caps from crv

I got a set of the chrome emblem centercaps but they are not flush with the wheel, but stick out just a little. Are yours like that too?

To quote Honda:
"The Accord Plug-In's ultra-light alloy wheels with aero covers have a fresh new design for maximum style and minimum drag.".
and
"The Accord Plug-In was designed with aerodynamics in mind, so you can make the most of your Plug-In's power. The grille, hood, decklid spoiler, wheels, underbody and more were all designed to keep wind resistance and vehicle weight to a minimum.".

While I would agree that they could certainly reduce the drag coefficient (how much is questionable), I would expect a minimal at best impact in gas mileage. Probably just a rounding error at this point though. Certainly wouldn't hurt though.

Back