questions on adding a sound system

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cking4

Please help. Just got the new Honda accord phev and the sound system sucks. Super disappointed. I want to add bass and a amp but not sure the car can handle it since the front battery is so small. Has anyone done any upgrades to the sound yet?

You can certainly try...keep in mind recharging the engine/accessory battery is a bit weird and the strain of a large amp w/ sub could put strain on the lithium battery wiring...

But I think most w/ this car are a bit afraid of damaging the electrical. If you can find a sub-out from the radio/deck harness, patching into that would be your safest bet...but not sure if one exists or not..It's likely to be there given there are parts shared w/ the Accord-Touring, but there have been a few one-offs on this vehicle.

Let us know what you end up doing / how it works out..but as I'm sure you've figured out by now, most of us aren't even considering much for audio system on this car.

Back