Welcome to the Honda Accord Plug-in Hybrid Forum

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExMyev

Hi All! Welcome to the Honda Accord Plug-in Hybrid Forum!
Reply to this topic and let us know why you like the Honda Accord PHEV and why you have, or are considering buying it!

As part of the MyElectricCarForums.com group of electric vehicle and plug-in hybrid electric vehicle forums, you are participating in one of the largest networks of electric vehicle enthusiasts in the world!

Hello! I am new to honda accord plug in forum. I am planning to buy a car. Could anyone tell me about the specialties and features of accord plug in hybrid? Also it'd be great if you could tell me what it might cost.
Thanks.

damon":qha6ff0h said:
Hello! I am new to honda accord plug in forum. I am planning to buy a car. Could anyone tell me about the specialties and features of accord plug in hybrid? Also it'd be great if you could tell me what it might cost.
Thanks.
Hi Damon, welcome to Honda accord forum. As of now no pricing details of honda accord plug in hybrid have been disclosed. We'd try to inform you as soon as there is any news.

Hello! Just joined Honda Accord Plug in Hybrid Forum. I was looking for an honest review of the accord phev. I'm interested in the car and want to know more about it. Could you tell me what you think about the car or where I can find a review?

tom007":14nas76j said:
Hello! Just joined Honda Accord Plug in Hybrid Forum. I was looking for an honest review of the accord phev. I'm interested in the car and want to know more about it. Could you tell me what you think about the car or where I can find a review?
Welcome to the Honda Accord Plug in Forum Tom. Accord plug in is a very interesting car. You'll find reviews about the car in different section of Accord Plug in Forum.

matt":1418jrzx said:
damon":1418jrzx said:
Thanks.
Hi Damon, welcome to Honda accord forum. As of now no pricing details of honda accord plug in hybrid have been disclosed. We'd try to inform you as soon as there is any news.
Thanks for the information Matt. There are a lot of information in Accord plug in Forum- I am sharing everything I get. But haven't found the pricing info yet.

damon":2oetwz2a said:
matt":2oetwz2a said:
damon":2oetwz2a said:
Thanks.
Thanks for the information Matt. There are a lot of information in Accord plug in Forum- I am sharing everything I get. But haven't found the pricing info yet.

Found the price of Honda Accord Plug in. Its $39,780.

How is everyone at the Honda Accord Plug in Forum? I'm back after a few days so have loads of catching to do on Accord Plug in.

Happy New Year Everyone!

I enjoyed driving a first gen Insight for nearly 10 years and 250,000 kilometres (until a 16 year old hit it and wrote it off). Now I'm in a 2012 Civic Hybrid, which is great, but not nearly as engaging to drive as the Insight.

The Insight averaged 3.5 litres/100 KM over 250,000 kilometres. So far the Civic is doing 4.8 litres/100KM (which is about 5 MPG(US) better than the EPA numbers) over the first 20,000 kilometres.

The EPA numbers for the Plug-in Accord are almost 10% better than the Civic Hybrid while the Accord is running in hybrid mode. And then there is the EV mode on top of that! Here in Manitoba we have ample and cheap hydroelectric power, and I look forward to driving in EV mode as much as possible. I also like the fact that we will be able to choose which mode to drive in, thereby getting back to being engaged with the car like in the old Insight.

In Canada the only word on the Plug-in Accord so far is that it will be available sometime in 2013. As usual, my dealership knows nothing about the new hybrid and could care less about answering questions about it. I'm hoping that this forum will be a great source of information.

Tanks to the forum admins and I hope to be working with all of you in the future.

Bill

BillR":svs2yio9 said:
Happy New Year Everyone!

I enjoyed driving a first gen Insight for nearly 10 years and 250,000 kilometres (until a 16 year old hit it and wrote it off). Now I'm in a 2012 Civic Hybrid, which is great, but not nearly as engaging to drive as the Insight.

The Insight averaged 3.5 litres/100 KM over 250,000 kilometres. So far the Civic is doing 4.8 litres/100KM (which is about 5 MPG(US) better than the EPA numbers) over the first 20,000 kilometres.

The EPA numbers for the Plug-in Accord are almost 10% better than the Civic Hybrid while the Accord is running in hybrid mode. And then there is the EV mode on top of that! Here in Manitoba we have ample and cheap hydroelectric power, and I look forward to driving in EV mode as much as possible. I also like the fact that we will be able to choose which mode to drive in, thereby getting back to being engaged with the car like in the old Insight.

In Canada the only word on the Plug-in Accord so far is that it will be available sometime in 2013. As usual, my dealership knows nothing about the new hybrid and could care less about answering questions about it. I'm hoping that this forum will be a great source of information.

Tanks to the forum admins and I hope to be working with all of you in the future.

Bill
Hi Bill and welcome Accord plug in forum. its great to know that you planning to buy Honda Accord plug in. I'll try to help you with your answers.

Hi, I am new in this forum, I was thinking to have some help abut The Honda Accord plug-in, I want to know, why The Honda accord plug-in is not available all around the county, can anyone tell me? :)

The best reason I have seen is that they introduced them closest to the regional Honda test or engineering centers in NY and CA to be able to look at any initial problems easier. Then they will start to introduce them across the country later. It seems odd to me that Honda hasn't really announced a nationwide release though.

Hi there, I just joined here, thinking to buy one Honda Accord plug-in, but first have to know about it, read some review, and some definition as well as the main features and its market price. Thanks.

Based on the limited information and a few rather general reviews, I am certainly interested in the Accord PHEV. However, as we live in the great Midwest, it's unclear when in 2013 (or even if, this year) the car will be available in this area. On paper, at least, the Accord would be our best choice in a hybrid. But we pretty much need to purchase a new vehicle this year, and it's unclear if this will be possible in the case of the Accord.

This is great! So many new members in the Accord Plug in Forum! Hello everybody! It's great to have you here. I'm excited to talk to you all.

hi everyone!

I was hoping to find a Accord Plug-In forum. This is my third day as the proud owner of a 2014 Accord Plug-In.

Hello. I was driving into work one day and noticed a Honda with a green clean air decal (I live in California), and I was astonished because I thought Honda did not have anything that qualified for the clean air decal. When I looked it up, I saw there were two cars: a fully electric Fit and the plug-in hybrid Accord. While a fully electric car would be nice, most (except perhaps the Tesla -- a little out of my price range) do not have sufficient range for my needs. While my primary office is 12 miles from home, my company office is 50 miles away. With most pure electric cars I would not be able to go to my company office and return without a charge. And my company does not yet have any chargers.

When I looked into the Accord Plug-in, I was amazed at the technology, both in the engine compartment (and trunk), and in the passenger compartment. I have long wished to get Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), and I was looking for a car with an integrated navigation system and phone interface, preferably iPhone friendly. I compared the car to the Chevrolet Volt, and while the price of the Volt had (at that time) recently been reduced, equipping it comparably to the Accord brought the prices close. Also, the Volt does not offer ACC nor the LaneWatch system. So I decided to get an Accord, and picked one up in August 2013.

So far, I really like this car. My previous car was a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid, and while I really liked that car, this car is far better. It also helps that the company where my primary office is located provides 10 charging stations. Since there are at least 20 electric vehicles (including one Tesla), we communicate open spots via email. Works well.

pigaro":2f2lwaa4 said:
Hello. I was driving into work one day and noticed a Honda with a green clean air decal (I live in California), and I was astonished because I thought Honda did not have anything that qualified for the clean air decal. When I looked it up, I saw there were two cars: a fully electric Fit and the plug-in hybrid Accord. While a fully electric car would be nice, most (except perhaps the Tesla -- a little out of my price range) do not have sufficient range for my needs. While my primary office is 12 miles from home, my company office is 50 miles away. With most pure electric cars I would not be able to go to my company office and return without a charge. And my company does not yet have any chargers.

When I looked into the Accord Plug-in, I was amazed at the technology, both in the engine compartment (and trunk), and in the passenger compartment. I have long wished to get Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), and I was looking for a car with an integrated navigation system and phone interface, preferably iPhone friendly. I compared the car to the Chevrolet Volt, and while the price of the Volt had (at that time) recently been reduced, equipping it comparably to the Accord brought the prices close. Also, the Volt does not offer ACC nor the LaneWatch system. So I decided to get an Accord, and picked one up in August 2013.

So far, I really like this car. My previous car was a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid, and while I really liked that car, this car is far better. It also helps that the company where my primary office is located provides 10 charging stations. Since there are at least 20 electric vehicles (including one Tesla), we communicate open spots via email. Works well.

Hrm..wouldn't happen to be in the SF Bay area / east bay by chance ? Wondering if you saw mine..the description you gave is rather..familiar. :)

Hi there.. I just purchased the Honda Accord Plug In Hybrid a few weeks ago. I am going to say that the Honda dealer raised the MSRP $5,000 just to those of us that special ordered this car. I waited about two months for the car to ship from Japan. I saw the car being unwrapped out of the plastic at the Honda dealer and was the first to drive it around. I had expected the price to be much lower, but I guess that is what happens when you want something that bad (and it showed). Anyway, needless to say, I love the car! I previously owned a Buick Lucerne which 'boasted' 17 MPG. I drive 40 miles per day on average. I also sit in traffic for 2 hours per day. This was the obvious choice for me.

Back