Why no Sirius/XM???

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpleahy

I am a happy Accord plug in owner (number 222 with a little over 3000 miles on it now) with one major issue: no satellite radio! The salesperson thought the car had Sirius/XM but much to my disappointment it does not. Major bummer.

Really? No XM? I thought all models supported XM. That seems odd. Did you get a radio update yet? I wonder if it will get enabled later.

I took mine in for the bluetooth update and was told Sirius/XM was not an option on this car. Big fail and really disappointing, no reason was given. Luckily I have unlimited data on my iPhone so I can listen to XM via bluetooth but it's a bit clumsy (especially when driving!). If someone hears that it's available as an update please let us know...

Yeah, after posting that I went and checked Honda's site again. They don't list XM/Sirius on the PHEV trim.

It looks like they based the PHEV radio on some in-between radio between the touring and lower trims. No installed subwoofer, no XM...

I was also unhappy about no XM, but then I learned more about Pandora. Just make your station and get what music, comedy, etc. you want, and it is free. Works great.

howardschrier":2l5ikxj0 said:
I was also unhappy about no XM, but then I learned more about Pandora. Just make your station and get what music, comedy, etc. you want, and it is free. Works great.

Just be careful as it uses your cellphone data plan, so if you use it every day, could get hit with data overages OR have your data speed throttled (depending on your carrier).

But it is kind of nice, I agree :)
---

howardschrier":2hvrscu9 said:
Hi,
are you really satisfied with Pandora, how is it compared with Sirius XM?
My old car had XM and now I am pretty confused that it's absent in my new Accord..

nick100":16rusjd2 said:
howardschrier":16rusjd2 said:
Hi,
are you really satisfied with Pandora, how is it compared with Sirius XM?
My old car had XM and now I am pretty confused that it's absent in my new Accord..

Not an easy question to answer...go to www.pandora.com and try it out..now pretend using that same service from your cell-phone data plan in your car...the car simply provides fast-forward, rewind, like, dislike, play, and pause options to make it easier.

XM radio is very different. They are not directly competing options.

The car likely doesn't have it as a way for Honda to save some $$$ on licensing and on the radio hardware, and satellite antenna wiring (perhaps noise/distortion introduced due to changing system).

Ultimately no XM radio...you must leverage your smartphone + data plan to get advanced listening options.

Back