ECON button On or Off is not a big deal !!!

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sony3max

I thought that leaving the ECON button on will assist tthe power system to choose which mode is best for the current driving (like EV or HV ), but just figured out that if only help with the climate control in the car only.

ECON on only does the following:
Reduces the effectiveness of the AC and Heater but in return uses less power.
Reduces the aggressiveness of the throttle (reduces the rate the car accelerates...if you floor it with econ on vs. econ off..you will notice econ is slowing down acceleration in an attempt to be more power-effective).

ECON Does NOT:
Econ does NOT impact EV vs. HV vs. HV Charging Modes
Econ does NOT reduce the battery power required for driving (although it limits acceleration a bit, so that will save you a tiny bit, but marginal).
Econ does NOT impact the "miles remaining" / "range" values the car displays.
Econ does NOT change the MPG/MPGe rating of the vehicle.
Econ does NOT change regenerative breaking.

Hope this helps.

Although I did notice:

Econ does:
Change the 'EV miles remaining' calculation ;)

rinthos":3tyo4vb8 said:
ECON on only does the following:
Reduces the effectiveness of the AC and Heater but in return uses less power.
Reduces the aggressiveness of the throttle (reduces the rate the car accelerates...if you floor it with econ on vs. econ off..you will notice econ is slowing down acceleration in an attempt to be more power-effective).

ECON Does NOT:
Econ does NOT impact EV vs. HV vs. HV Charging Modes
Econ does NOT reduce the battery power required for driving (although it limits acceleration a bit, so that will save you a tiny bit, but marginal).
Econ does NOT impact the "miles remaining" / "range" values the car displays.
Econ does NOT change the MPG/MPGe rating of the vehicle.
Econ does NOT change regenerative breaking.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for this information. I just used it for the first time today and was wondering.

Back