Safety Measures of Accord PHEV

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damon

So, I really dont know much about honda accord plug in hybrid. But I'd really like to know about the safety features it includes. Its extremely important to buy a car with some safety features. So, can anyone from accord plug in forum help me?

damon":thm29jpk said:
So, I really dont know much about honda accord plug in hybrid. But I'd really like to know about the safety features it includes. Its extremely important to buy a car with some safety features. So, can anyone from accord plug in forum help me?

One potential problem of hybrids is that they are almost silent when running on electrics, so the Honda Accord PHEV has an Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System to audibly warn pedestrians of its approach. Other safety features are Honda’s Vehicle Stability Assist, Forward Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning.

matt":1jzfme3p said:
damon":1jzfme3p said:

One potential problem of hybrids is that they are almost silent when running on electrics, so the Honda Accord PHEV has an Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System to audibly warn pedestrians of its approach. Other safety features are Honda’s Vehicle Stability Assist, Forward Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning.
That is great! If it warns pedestrians then the chance of an accident happening would be much less. Do you know what braking features it has? It'd be better to stop the car before the pedestrians hears the warning and jumps away, you know. Thanks in advance.

Yes, Damon, Honda Accord plug in does have excellent braking system. The Accord PHEV will feature an electric servo braking system similar to the setup on the Honda Fit EV, which allows for “exceptionally natural brake pedal feel” while extending the range over which the regenerative braking can take place.

Back