Text from cell phone to Nav display?

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZEP77

Has any successfully been able to have this happen with an Android device?

I have an HTC One on Verizon and I cannot seem to get them to display. I've checked the settings on my phone.

I can do pretty much everything else via bluetooth.

It's a bit buggy but it will work on your device as soon as you get the Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) upgrade.

I believe Verizon started rolling the update out last night...so soon you'll have the update on your HTC One.

The feature your device did not previously have is called "Bluetooth Message Access Protocol".

Again it's buggy in 4.4.2 but at least it exists...Also the Honda implementation is a bit buggy...
---

Thank you rinthos! I saw that the update is rolling out. Here I thought Honda was only Apple friendly.

A bit dissapointed that the Honda site is so lacking in up to date info. It only had 3 HTC phones listed as compatible and they are years old.

I still need to figure out how to get a PIN for the HondaLink.

ZEP77":8k4wxf7z said:

They say the dealer is supposed to do setup and give you that info. If the dealer didn't, just call the 800 number listed on the owner login (on the PHEV site) for HondaLink. They are very nice and set me right up. It still took about a day or two for the remote app and the nav traffic to start working for me after that, but it was pretty painless.

Cobra":1cqhfxy6 said:
ZEP77":1cqhfxy6 said:

They say the dealer is supposed to do setup and give you that info. If the dealer didn't, just call the 800 number listed on the owner login (on the PHEV site) for HondaLink. They are very nice and set me right up. It still took about a day or two for the remote app and the nav traffic to start working for me after that, but it was pretty painless.

the dealer did not. I'll call the support number -thanks!

rinthos":1cqhfxy6 said:
The feature your device did not previously have is called "Bluetooth Message Access Protocol".

Again it's buggy in 4.4.2 but at least it exists...Also the Honda implementation is a bit buggy...
---

is this an automatic feature with KitKat or do I need to turn it on? I just got the update and do not see anything in Bluetooth or Text settings.

ZEP77":9p8ng6on said:
is this an automatic feature with KitKat or do I need to turn it on? I just got the update and do not see anything in Bluetooth or Text settings.

Automatic. You'll want to delate the pairing relationship on both your Accord AND on your HTC One (re-sync it as a net new device, so you need to go into advanced settings on the car and clear it out, same on your HTC One, go to bluetooth profiles and remove the sync to your HondaHandsFree or whatever profile name you used).

Then re-pair. When you re-create the pairing relationship, you're likely to see a prompt asking if you want to "always grant access" or something like that. You must choose always/yes.

Should then be good to go.

Back