Battery Information of Accord PHEV

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt

Honda Accord Plug in Hybrid fits a 6.7 kilowatt-hour lithium ion battery pack in the trunk, just behind the rear seats. It takes up a good portion of the trunk space, but it also can drive the car under pure electric power for 10 to 15 miles, according to Honda. Total range is over 500 miles, when taking into account a full tank of gas. A standard electric car charging port on the front left fender lets the battery be recharged in under 3 hours from a 110-volt source, and less than an hour from a 240-volt source.

matt":3gh40lmf said:
Honda Accord Plug in Hybrid fits a 6.7 kilowatt-hour lithium ion battery pack in the trunk, just behind the rear seats. It takes up a good portion of the trunk space, but it also can drive the car under pure electric power for 10 to 15 miles, according to Honda. Total range is over 500 miles, when taking into account a full tank of gas. A standard electric car charging port on the front left fender lets the battery be recharged in under 3 hours from a 110-volt source, and less than an hour from a 240-volt source.

In its default mode, the Accord PHEV is an all-electric vehicle. When the battery charge drops or at high speeds or under acceleration, it switches to hybrid operation. In HV mode, the car switches between its engine and electric motor to provide the highest fuel efficiency while keeping the battery charged. In HV charge mode, the car gives priority to charging the battery. The charging time for the Accord PHEV is claimed at less than three hours from a 120-volt outlet and one hour from a 240-volt Level 2 charger.

Hi, Can you guys tell if the speed of the Honda Accord plug in defers when it is in electric mode?

Anyone know if the Honda smart phone app can be used to program the car to charge at designated times via the 110 outlet via the J1772 connector?

damon":3fpx0ks0 said:
Hi, Can you guys tell if the speed of the Honda Accord plug in defers when it is in electric mode?
I dont think so. The official top speed in EV Drive is around 80 miles per hour and an electric A/C compressor and water heater allow the Honda Accord Plug in to stay in EV mode longer

I can tell you that the battery pack is large enough in the Honda Accord Plugin that it qualifies for a federal tax credit of $3,334!

Oh, and if you live in California, the Accord Plugin could be eligible for a state refund of $1500 too!

mitchell":1veltfhw said:
Oh, and if you live in California, the Accord Plugin could be eligible for a state refund of $1500 too!
Do you know if this refunding for Accord Plug in is applicable to other states or not? It'd be great to have a refunding option.

matt":1i47px9c said:
mitchell":1i47px9c said:
Do you know if this refunding for Accord Plug in is applicable to other states or not? It'd be great to have a refunding option.

It depends on your State, generally. Pennsylvania has a similar program. The amount of refund is sometimes based on battery size, or might be based on type of 'alternative fuel'. PA has a website we can check. What state are you in?

Does this battery of Accord Plug in have some kind of warranty? I mean an offer for full exchange between a time frame or something?

damon":crui020j said:
Does this battery of Accord Plug in have some kind of warranty? I mean an offer for full exchange between a time frame or something?

I saw a note that the battery is warrantied as part of 'the emissions system', which seemed odd. But they said it was warrantied to 10 years or 150,000 miles.

I think I saw that on the Q&A section on honda's web site.

Back