30 min. to charge with L2, great EV miles result !!!!

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sony3max

30 minutes is all it will take for L2 32 Amp Charger. Right after the charge completed, I turned on the car and check for the EV miles, it is showing.......21.4 miles for EV !!!!! I will count on the miles when I drive it to work to see if it will give more than 15 miles as Honda says.

You can use the B trip computer. I do that often after I charge to see how the distance works out when I head to work. I watch for when the first engine start occurs (if I'm being careful with the accelerator) or when mpg goes to 199.9 and check the miles on the B trip computer to see how far I went on electric.

Cobra":1gf2ztnt said:
You can use the B trip computer. I do that often after I charge to see how the distance works out when I head to work. I watch for when the first engine start occurs (if I'm being careful with the accelerator) or when mpg goes to 199.9 and check the miles on the B trip computer to see how far I went on electric.

Also if you put the car in econ-mode, should help a bit on the throttle control to help prevent kicking in the engine. Not full proof, but every little trick helps.

The "vehicle energy" screen is not a good indication as the engine can be running and it will not depict it......but as you noted the "trip information" screen w/ the MPG going from --- to an actual number is something you can certainly key on, great tip Cobra!

Or, you can stare @ the dash and if the "EV" light goes off (Even for a second), the gasoline engine ran. (probably not a safe way to drive).

---

Back