Less than 10 cars available in CA?

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calstudios

I was at the Santa Barbara Earth Day event today and they had an Accord PHEV on display. I spoke with the dealer and he said there have only been a handful of deliveries in California. Is Honda only making a few dozen of these right now? There have only been 45 units sold through the end of March between CA and NY.

For a PHEV, in an introductory model, priced @40K, I don't find this surprising, and I'm sure Honda was prepared for it.

Yeah, either Honda marketing are geniuses or good guessers? Seems like they are stocking and selling about a dozen a month in both NY and CA. They seem to be selling a little faster in CA than NY, and I've seen comments that the CA dealers are trying to mark them up by 3-6K over MSRP. The NY dealers don't seem to be doing that.

It's pretty clear with that much markup, those dealers are trying to make money off the "early adopter" crowd. Even assuming there's no "bleeding edge" to this car (and with Honda, there probably isn't), $40K pretty much moves it off our plate. We're going to test drive the regular ICE Accord shortly, and if we like the car, it'll be a choice between waiting until Fall for the Honda non-PHEV Accord Hybrid, or going with the VW Passat TDI. At this point, the latter appears more probable, with the Ford Fusion Hybrid a long shot.

Depends on what the price of the Accord Hybrid is. It might come out the same as the PHEV after the federal rebate.... I haven't seen any pricing in the standard hybrid yet.

How many do you think are in CA?

The last search I ran showed 30 in the USA, 19 in CA and the rest in NY. :)

Cobra":1xrfwy6o said:
How many do you think are in CA?
Well when I was looking for mine I found nine or ten available at dealerships in Southern California. Two at sticker and the rest three to five thousand above. I assume a few have sold, but you might be right in saying that there are very few on the road. I have only seen one other on the road here in SoCal and that was Southbound on the 405 near the Los Angeles Airport.

Back