Accord Plug-In Hybrid: At Some NY And CA Dealers Now

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom007

Accord Plug-In Hybrid: At Some NY And CA Dealers Now
Honda's two-motor Accord Plug-In Hybrid is now on sale at select New York and Californian Honda dealers.

Choice in the plug-in hybrid market is growing all the time, and the Accord offers buyers an alternative to the Ford Fusion Energi--not to mention more established plug-ins like the Chevrolet Volt and Toyota Prius Plug-In.

The 115 MPGe electric, 46 MPG hybrid sedan is Honda's most advanced hybrid yet.

Rather than using the firm's simpler Integrated Motor Assist mild-hybrid system, the Accord Plug-In is a full, two-motor hybrid, allowing all-electric travel. You'll get up to 13 miles on electricity alone, and good gas mileage thereafter--47 mpg city and 46 highway, going towards that 46 mpg combined.
It's also the first car to attain tough LEV3/SULEV20 emissions standards, making it one of the cleanest vehicles on the roads--and able to qualify for single-occupant access in California's carpool lanes.

Honda says a full charge of its 6.7 kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery takes less than three hours, on a standard 120-volt circuit. At 240 volts, it'll recharge in less than an hour.

THe 2014 Honda Accord Plug-In Hybrid starts at $39,780 plus a $790 destination charge and other fees. You can also lease Honda's plug-in, at $429 per month over 36 months, with $2,499 due at signing, plus fees.

So with more plug-ins on the market than ever before, which would you choose?
Read more in Accord Plug in forum.

Wonder how much time it could take for Accord Plug in to reach other parts of the world. I am eager to have the car in my city.

I've been actively in discussions with several NY and CA dealers who purport to have the cars headed for their dealerships. But, there are no reported deliveries yet, although some have been purchased.

As for other parts of the country, Honda has not publicly said anything about offering the plug-in elsewhere, only the hybrid without the plug-in feature.

Tidalflats

I heard there was one in a dealership in CA on the floor this week. Did you find that one, or is it sold already? I'm hearing the same from the NY dealers I've talked to. It sounds like a couple will show up the end of the month, right around the time of the NY auto show.

Back