When will Accord plug-in be available for sale in Arizona?

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howardbc

Hi. I am very interested in the new Accord Plug-in but was so disappointed that it's not available in my state of Arizona. I called a local Honda dealer here and incredibly he said "Accord plug-in? What Accord plug-in?" Great. So obviously his Service Department wouldn't have a clue if I bought one in California and brought it back here.

I have owned a 2008 Toyota Prius for 5 years, so I understand the concept of a hybrid with plug-in capability. My Prius gets great mileage but I am just ready to go back to Honda. I had a 1991 Accord for 9 years/91k miles and it was the best car I ever had. Never one bit of a problem. I also have my heart set on a plug-in. I'm not a mechanic or an engineer.

I frequented the PriusChat forum quite often and it was very helpful. The posters knew a lot and were often more knowledgeable than my local Toyota dealership. I previously signed up for a Honda forum about the plug-in and got zero responses, so I hope I might hear from someone now. I have tried calling the toll-free Customer Service number at Honda and they were not helpful at all with my questions.

Many thanks in advance for any feedback.

There's also the possibility that you COULD buy it from out of state but that does make things a little more complicated for sure.

Hi. Thanks so much for the replies, even if it is bad news. Does anyone have the name of a Honda dealership in California that I could call? Preferable a Fleet Manager. I know I can just pick a dealer name off the Internet but would feel better having one that is referred. I want to ask about buying an Accord plug-in in California and what challenges I might have once I bring it back here. Maybe they know a dealer here in the Phoenix area who could service it? Thanks.

Bobbie

Back