Honda to Lease Accord Plug-In Hybrid for $429 Per Month

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damon

Is the 2014 Honda Accord Plug-In Hybrid priced to compete with lease deals offered on other readily available plug-in vehicles in the US? The short answer is "no," but we'll provide details for you to decide.

On Monday, Honda announced the limited (New York and California only right now) availability of the Accord Plug-In Hybrid. Buried in the press release was Honda's first mention of a lease deal for the Accord PHEV: $429 per month for 36 months; $2,499 total due at signing; option to purchase at lease end $20,285; must take delivery from dealer stock by March 4, 2013. So, the vital numbers there are $429 per month and $2,499 down.

Toyota is currently offering this nationwide lease special on the Prius Plug-In Hybrid for the rest of January:

"Lease a new 2012 Prius Plug-in for $259 a month for 36 months with $2,399 due at signing, which includes $2,120 down, $259 first month's payment and $0 security deposit. Lease-end purchase option is $20,480."

The 2013 Chevy Volt is readily available at lease rates as low as $159 per month with $0 down payment, but Chevrolet's standard three-year lease for the 2013 Volt is listed at $299 per month with $1,529 due at signing.

Finally, with the massive price drop announced for the 2013 Nissan LEAF S version, consumers across the nation will be able to lease a 2013 LEAF for $199 per month for 36 months with $1,999 due at signing.

Of course, regional deals are typically available on all vehicles and plug-ins are not an exception. But here we presented nationwide figures straight from the automakers' websites. So, at $429 per month, the Accord Plug-In Hybrid seems overpriced—none of the other plug-ins listed above even crack past the $300 per month mark.

Is it priced to compete? Our answer is still "no," but what's your take?
Read more in Accord Plug in Forum.

damon":2topmkd5 said:
Is the 2014 Honda Accord Plug-In Hybrid priced to compete with lease deals offered on other readily available plug-in vehicles in the US? The short answer is "no," but we'll provide details for you to decide.

On Monday, Honda announced the limited (New York and California only right now) availability of the Accord Plug-In Hybrid. Buried in the press release was Honda's first mention of a lease deal for the Accord PHEV: $429 per month for 36 months; $2,499 total due at signing; option to purchase at lease end $20,285; must take delivery from dealer stock by March 4, 2013. So, the vital numbers there are $429 per month and $2,499 down.

Toyota is currently offering this nationwide lease special on the Prius Plug-In Hybrid for the rest of January:

"Lease a new 2012 Prius Plug-in for $259 a month for 36 months with $2,399 due at signing, which includes $2,120 down, $259 first month's payment and $0 security deposit. Lease-end purchase option is $20,480."

The 2013 Chevy Volt is readily available at lease rates as low as $159 per month with $0 down payment, but Chevrolet's standard three-year lease for the 2013 Volt is listed at $299 per month with $1,529 due at signing.

Finally, with the massive price drop announced for the 2013 Nissan LEAF S version, consumers across the nation will be able to lease a 2013 LEAF for $199 per month for 36 months with $1,999 due at signing.

Of course, regional deals are typically available on all vehicles and plug-ins are not an exception. But here we presented nationwide figures straight from the automakers' websites. So, at $429 per month, the Accord Plug-In Hybrid seems overpriced—none of the other plug-ins listed above even crack past the $300 per month mark.

Is it priced to compete? Our answer is still "no," but what's your take?
Read more in Accord Plug in Forum.
That's quite cheap if you ask me. Has anyone in Accord Plug in Forum tried this option of leasing in Accord Plug in?

The seller of the lease gets that credit. So it reduces the cost of the vehicle to your lease (which will normally reduce your lease payment.) The advice I've seen is to negotiate your lowest price first, then add the lease afterwards, to get the best deal.

Oh, and just in case you haven't looked at the fine print...

The Honda lease terms are for 12000 miles a year. If you drive a lot, the overage is $0.20/mile.

Cobra":lhgpwjsh said:

The Honda lease terms are for 12000 miles a year. If you drive a lot, the overage is $0.20/mile.

That's about 3-4k more then I drive a year :)

Wiggum":1j433kbw said:
Cobra":1j433kbw said:

That's about 3-4k more then I drive a year :)

Nice. :) Want to loan me the car for 3k miles? :lol:

It's a decent deal then. Maybe you could even talk them in to writing a lease for 9000 miles, which should reduce the monthly even more... I don't know if Honda financing is flexible like that or not, but you can also look for a third-party lease outside Honda.

I've been driving about 20k miles currently, so not a great deal for me. ;)

Back