Windows Opened During Charging

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigaro

The other night I got home late and decided to leave my Accord to charge overnight using the 120V charge adapter. When I came out the next morning, I found all four windows were down the same amount, about 4 to 5 inches. The car was still locked. It was not a warm evening (temperatures in the 50s F). It was just starting to drizzle when I checked on the car, but I was able to close the windows before anything got wet.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Interesting. I've left mine on the 120v charger overnight several times and never had that happen. Has it happened more than once?

This has only happened once. An outside possibility is that the unlock button got pushed, released, and then pushed and held long enough to partially roll down the windows while in my pocket. It could happen, I guess.

I've had the alarm go off twice. I think I pressed the panic button while the remote was in my pocket (leaning over and something pressed it.) I think these remotes are more sensitive than earlier models. I never set off the panic on my older Accord.

It happened again tonight. When I came out to unplug the car I noticed that all the windows were down. Not quite all the way, but most of the way. Odd, since it was warm this evening (about 87 F when I started charging) but not that hot.

The remote was in my pocket. It could have been pressed twice and held for a while the second time by the other keys on the key ring.

The car was still locked. It was not a warm evening (temperatures in the 50s F). It was just starting to drizzle when I checked on the car, but I was able to close the windows before anything got wet.

Back