Maybe I don't drive as well as I thought...

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melifluonze

So, I've been driving my new Plug-in for a bit. I seem to get about 8-9 miles on a full charge, and my average mpg in Hybrid is about 38-40. I've got about 500 miles on the car so far, and I've been playing the bouncing car game (keeping it in the lines for the most part). I used to drive a Camry hybrid.

It's been about 10 degrees (F) out with snow on the car and road... is that enough to account for the not so good mileage? Seems like I'm just not getting what's been advertised, but from what I'm reading, it must be me...

- M

Thanks, loeny!

I'm hoping I'll see a change during the summer. I did some experiments driving with all the heaters off (seat and cabin) and I do get more miles.

- M

So now that it's warm, I'm getting 12+ miles on a charge when driving under 50 mph. If I drive around 60-65, I get about 11-12 miles on a charge. Sounds right!

What is amazing is you can get MUCH more than 12 miles if you take it slow and easy on back roads or something!

I'm also regularly getting in the mid 50's if I run on pure hybrid (from start to start, no charge).

Awesome car!

- M

Back