Updates!

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melifluonze

How is everyone's Accord PHEV doing?

- What is the furthest you've gone on battery and under what conditions?
- How is your hybrid mileage (when EV was not used)? Are you getting to 46-50 mpg?
- Are you happy with the car?

I love mine, but I can't wait for the Spring/Summer! I want to see it shine. I've gotten 8 miles on battery so far, with nothing on except for a de-fog every so often (so I had to run the heater). I'm getting about 36-42 mpg on hybrid only, and it's snowy and about 12 degrees out and has been for weeks.

- M

Here is my data so far:

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.do? ... eID=660843

Overall the car does what I thought it would under most circumstances.

Mileage does suffer in very hilly areas or when I need to run the AC on hot days.

I've done 20K miles and average about 100 mpg.

Most drivers won't want to switch driving modes as much to get that mileage.

I'd say max pure EV is 15 miles but there are hills. I've not had the opportunity to try on a flat only landscape but think 20 might be possible as one very large hill eats about 3 times the ratio.

My only real beef about the car was the dealer experience, at first they wanted a 7K premium, still paid about 1K but it was very annoying. Not saying my next cars a Tesla but I would really like Honda to make an effort to build out not this platform, just not very confident that they know what they want to do with PHEVs going forward. Even an occasional press release might raise comfort factor etc.

hi All,
I've been in southern Maine this winter, and I'm getting the same mileage you're getting- 7-8 on EV and 36-42 on just hybrid. EV is a bit disappointing but can't wait to see how that changes in warmer weather.( man, do we need warmer weather).
Overall, I think it's a great vehicle. Handles good, very comfortable and definitely has the "cool" factor.
If Honda would show this car more love, it could be a huge hit.
B

So, it's warm out, finally! THIS CAR IS AWESOME!

For the last few days, I've been getting in the mid to high 50 mpg (I set it to calculate after every start up). I haven't had anything under 50 since the temp warmed up, and that's just on hybrid mode! I might be driving better, but this is incredible. I drove to work for a week now, and only used 1/4 tank of gas! What's that, 2.5 gallons? I used to use about 8 gallons with my Toyota Hybrid Camry (which is a nice car too, but can't compete with the Accord plug-in.)

I used to get about 7 miles on the battery when it was cold. Now I'm able to drive all the way to work on the highway, about 12-13 miles. I take the back roads, I can easily drive way over 12 miles on a charge. This morning I drove to work on the back roads, about 10 miles, and I only used 3 bars of battery! I wonder if I'll make it home before the motor kicks on!

The thing I found out is that the speed you drive at makes a HUGE difference. I know, many of you are thinking that's common sense, and it is... but it's more significant than I thought. If you can keep it below 50 mph, the car really is in its operating zone!

And, it saved me from an accident! I looked away for a second to see if I was getting near my turn, and the car in front of me decided to stop to take a left without signalling. I got the beep-beep-beep, and slammed on the brakes as I turned back. I TOTALLY would have hit the car in front of me at 45 mph had I not had the warning! Not that I'm depending on it, but it really works!

- M

Back