2015 Map Update

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigaro

The 2015 map update is available at a reduced price ($99.00 vs. $149.00 normal), until 7/15/15 at this site.

I received and installed my map update today. The process did not go as smoothly as I would like, but I was able to complete it. The first step is to update the software, then the map update is applied. The total estimated time is about an hour, but for me it took much longer. After the software update completes (about a half hour after the start), the system reboots twice and then asks for the security code. The instructions indicate that the code should be automatically entered by pressing and holding the audio power button for 2 seconds. This did not work for me, and I never got a copy of the security codes with my car. You have 10 attempts to enter the correct code, and then the system will not accept any more attempts for an hour. Fortunately, you can go to this site to retrieve the security code if you know the VIN and the serial number of your unit (available from the Settings/System Info). I used up my 10 attempts trying to get the audio power trick to work, and then I did what the instructions say you shouldn't do: I ejected the disk and turned off my car. When I came back over an hour later, after retrieving the five digit audio code, I turned the car back on, inserted the disk, and was able to enter the code and continue. The new database version is ST003.02.00 and the new software version is 3.00.2103.

Thanks for the post. I've been wondering if the NAV database was ever going to get updated for the PHEV. I'll have a look!

edit: Do they say this is compatible with the PHEV? I thought this model would use the USB update method.

Back