1 Less Plug in on the Road

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamphev

I wanted to thank everyone that helped me during my last 30 months of ownership. I was in an accident last week and the air bags deployed. Thankfully my daughter and I walked away unhurt. Car has been consider a total loss. I spent $2,200 in gas and drove 54,000 miles. Average MPG 59.2.

Thank Papajo. Decided tp take a break from the hybrid world for a bit and bought a 2015 BMW 328d (diesel). I really like the 2017 Accord Hybrid, but they were expensive as a used car. Thinking I'd like to get a Clarity in a few years when they come off lease and are more depreciated. :D

I have owned the 328d for 6 months and put on approx 8,000 miles. I have averaged 45 mpg as measured in actual tank to tank fill ups. I get about 52-54 MPG on the highway vs about 46-49 on the Accord. City driving, no contest, Accord all the way. Things I miss about the Accord? Quiet in EV, always a conversation when I charge in public, free EV miles. Things I won't miss.... cloth seats, no sunroof, Aha radio, weak LED lights.

Thanks Paperjo…. I check in from time to time. AWD & actual MPG…. it's been impressive. Driving a hybrid has really taught me how to maximize fuel economy in any car.

Back