Honda Accord Plug-in Forum

It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Battery Replacement - P0A7F
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:12 pm 

So my wife was driving our new to us car ... have only had 2 weeks - she sends me a text with a photo that shows an error on cluster - says "power system problem" along with check engine light - I told her to pull over and shut the car down - waited a few mins - error went away however CEL still on - I did a quick search and I found that people similar issue had seen a problem with 2014-2015 regular Accord Hybrid's - it said Honda had issued a recall for over software issues - some had mentioned stalling - afraid that she would be stranded I told her to drive straight to the dealer - called them ahead and told them issue - I mentioned the recall on regular Hybrid's and that a TSB15-057 had been issued in those cases - said they would diag and get back to me -- In the meantime I called Honda USA and opened a case pending the diag results -- a few hours later got a call from the dealer, said that they had reviewed the TSB and that the codes thrown in those cars was different than the code on my car so that it was not software related - said they had pulled th code and diagnosed back and forth with Honda Tech line - they all came to conclusion that the code meant that the battery was deterioting and needed replacement -- I froze for a minute because I had read that the battery cost on these cars was in excess of $10k for battery alone ... he paused for a second and then said that Honda was covering the replacement in full!!! I was surprised by this because the car has 59k miles however I was relieved -- my guess is that they determined the battery was a hazard and could not afford for a customer to decide to not replace due to cost and possibly catching on fire of something ... again just a guess because I have no explanation why they did not just go the pro-rated route -- nonetheless, that's what happened and the code on subject line is what was thrown in case some you out there get the same code you can reference this