Honda Accord Plug-in Forum

It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Battery Warranty Under The Emissions Warranty
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:01 pm 

My vehicle is starting to go only about 7 miles before the engine kicks on.

I assume the California Emissions Warranty transfers to subsequent buyers, and this includes the High Voltage Battery.

Since the battery performance had been cut in half, is it time to go to the dealer (Pasadena Foothill Honda) and ask for an assessment of whether the battery can be replaced or refurbished under the emissions warranty?

Love this car. Thought I got a great deal paying only $12,900 for it, but want to obtain the full EV range if possible. It would keep my on electric in my work commute which is not long.

Thanks for your thoughts. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Battery Warranty Under The Emissions Warranty
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:39 am 

If it’s charging normally, in the 12-14 EV range, but depleting quickly, it is either a battery issue or driving style and HVAC usage. Cold weather and heating the cabin are the biggest drain on EV only miles followed by heating the seats, headlights and other electrical use. Turning them all on, it goes down fast. However, getting 7 EV only does seem low.
The HV Battery warranty, as far as I know, transfers to the new owner without any action required on his or her part. That is my experience anyway. It wouldn't hurt to get yours checked by the dealer.
Let us know and welcome to the forum.

Post subject: Re: Battery Warranty Under The Emissions Warranty
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:41 pm 

Arroyoboy wrote:
My vehicle is starting to go only about 7 miles before the engine kicks on.

I assume the California Emissions Warranty transfers to subsequent buyers, and this includes the High Voltage Battery.

Since the battery performance had been cut in half, is it time to go to the dealer (Pasadena Foothill Honda) and ask for an assessment of whether the battery can be replaced or refurbished under the emissions warranty?

Love this car. Thought I got a great deal paying only $12,900 for it, but want to obtain the full EV range if possible. It would keep my on electric in my work commute which is not long.

Thanks for your thoughts. :mrgreen:

more than likely you need a full replacement! mine did and it ended up being replaced by Honda free of charge - the key it is must throw a code and they'll replace - another member here also had same issue as I did and also got a new battery and I'm getting 15-16 mile range