Honda Accord Plug-in Forum

It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: HondaLink-EV software broken?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:17 am 

I just got a used 2014 Accord Plug-in hybrid. The car is great but I can't get the Hondalink EV app to register my car. Do people have this working or is it now broken??

Post subject: Re: HondaLink-EV software broken?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:08 am 

Hi Blake, I also purchased my Plug-in used, October 2016, and had a little trouble registering it but eventually was successful. Try a few more times here and there and if you still can't register it, try calling Honda USA (800-999-1009) and ask them for more information on the App. I have noticed some of the features seem to work better at times and others not at all. I don't pay as close attention to it compared to when I first bought the car however.
Good luck and report back if you find out anything.
Also, congratulations on your purchase. These are very rare cars, total overall sales of 1039 and probably less than 1000 left on the road today.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:09 am 

I had no idea they're this rare. Never managed to register the Hondalink EV app. I gave up on it after trying for a few weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:08 am 

Hi Knetch. My Hondalink app is still working or at least supported in some way. I use it occasionally to turn on cabin heat when it's below freezing to defrost and just to check general info. It has many features including support numbers and Maps. That's too bad some can't get it. I suggested Blake try Honda USA @ 800-999-1009 for help but he hasn't responded. You could try them also, just in case they can help get it loaded. Let us know if you find anything out. These are indeed rare cars. Made in Japan and imported to USA. They sold when new, only in New York and California. Mine is #0091 off the assembly line. The last 4 digits of your VIN will show you which on you got. Welcome to the forum.