Check Engine Light + Emission System + ACC

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accordman

So just driving on city streets today, I suddenly got an Adaptive Cruise Control error and the check engine light went on... a few seconds later, the Emission System Problem message came on (all in the center display of dashboard)... I lost a lot of power in the car... The light around the spedometer went dark blue and stays there..... Stopped... turned off and on and no luck........ even driving at 30 miles/h seems a drag on the car.

Any one else experienced this?

I am taking it to the closest Honda dealer here in NJ

Haven't seen anything like that. Hope the dealer can find it easily. Have you heard anything yet?

I just got the same problem. I was driving for 15 minutes and I got this while I was on the highway. The two messages are "Emissions System Problem" and "Adaptive Cruise Control Problem". The Check engine light is on. The weather outside is 28 F with freezing rain. Maybe the problem is due to the weather?

accordman, what was the problem? What did the Honda dealer say?

Here is an update. I drove (yes, it's okay to drive it. I learned it the hard way.) the car to the Honda dealer in Long Island, NY. After checking, they said they had to replace the Electric Variable Timing Control (E-VTC) Actuator.

Maybe this link would help.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=156

I received the same engine light warnings and took vehicle to my local Honda dealer who replaced the battery; haven't had any problems since.

I just got this message today for the second time. The last time I got it was about 6 weeks ago and it was snowing out. I called my dealer in Long Island, NY and they told me to clean off the sensor and turn the car off few a few minutes and then turn it back on. It didn't work right away but after about an hour of it being off, the lights and warning went away. Today, there is a lot of snow and slush on the ground and it happened again. So far, after cleaning the sensor (I assume its under the big H on the Honda logo) it has not gone away. Very frustrating.

Back