Honda EV App / Website

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rinthos

Just wondering if anyone has had issues with the Honda EV app / website in terms of not showing correct data?

For example, last night at 10pm, I returned home with the car showing 10 miles (EV) range left.
This morning I had a short commute to the office, and the car said 6 miles (EV) range left.

Going into the web portal, I see 6 miles (EV) range left, but it shows 1am this morning as the last update time.
At 1am it should've shown closer to 10miles..

So it appears to be showing the current mileage but the time-stamps are wrong? (I've had other anomalies too but this is the current one).

Also another weird one, on the Android App, the battery gauge never shows full, it shows ~70% green when charging completes. Anyone else have observations on this?

Honda technical support doesn't seem to know what's going on, advised that I bring the car into a dealer to reset the "server-connection" between the car and the Honda server. I asked one dealer over the phone, they had no idea what I was talking about....
---

Yeah, things can be a little off... It seems to work ok though, just not 100%. Remember that your car has to report it's state to Honda's servers, then your app and the webpage can get that status. I also read somewhere that the updates aren't sent when the car is running. From watching when status is updated, it seems to me that the car reports status shortly after you turn it off. I can't tell when else it reports. It doesn't seem to report when charging completes, which is why I suspect you see a lot of 70% charge. Does the Android app allow you to request an update? I'm using apple, and on that app if you pull the main screen down, it will request an update. If the car is turned off, this works for me about 80% of the time. If I have a full charge, have the car turned off, and request an update, then I normally see it show 100%.

Although the other 20% of the time when I request an update, it either never completes or I get a failed to retrieve status error (or something like that.)

Oh, if I leave the car charging in the evening, then check the app status fairly late, after it's completed charge, then I usually see 100%. Note that your car has to be in cellular coverage. I'm not sure what network Honda is using, but if your car is in a bad cell spot when you turn it off, or it completes charging, I suspect you'll see a lot of bad results on the app and web site. I've not found any way to tell if the car is getting a good cell signal or not.

Hrm, ok yeah our results are quite similar, so I'm guessing bringing mine into a dealer ~15 miles away isn't likely to yield results. Helps to manage my expectations at least.

And I'm still shocked that "Honda EV certified dealers/service centers" don't have L2 chargers.... :(
---
Joe

Haha, yeah, to the dealers not having chargers.

I going to stop by my local Nissan dealer when I have the guts to charge there. The Leaf dealers around here all seem to have a couple chargers. :D

Cobra":23mnamc9 said:
Haha, yeah, to the dealers not having chargers.

I going to stop by my local Nissan dealer when I have the guts to charge there. The Leaf dealers around here all seem to have a couple chargers. :D

If you do let us know. I've actually been given the "hey, that's not a Nissan" warning once. Would be curious as to the reception you receive. :)
---

Oh, that's good to know. Maybe I'll ask them. The plugshare app/website lists a bunch of Nissan dealers in my area as having chargers that are EV friendly, and available during 'dealership hours'. I keep wondering how receptive they are to non-Nissan vehicles.

Jaycee":19jvjkhf said:
App hasn't worked since thanksgiving day.

According to a debug trace from my phone, the server the app is trying to communicate with is currently unavailable/down (no response to ping).

Hopefully it will come back soon. I've notified the folks @ Honda Customer Service, hopefully by Monday will be restored.

Does the Android app allow you to request an update? I'm using apple, and on that app if you pull the main screen down, it will request an update. If the car is turned off, this works for me about 80% of the time. If I have a full charge, have the car turned off, and request an update, then I normally see it show 100%.

armia741":1lkwdquz said:
Does the Android app allow you to request an update? I'm using apple, and on that app if you pull the main screen down, it will request an update. If the car is turned off, this works for me about 80% of the time. If I have a full charge, have the car turned off, and request an update, then I normally see it show 100%.

Yes the Android app has the same option. However when Honda's servers are down, it will fail. The last couple weeks have been stable, but when the servers do go down, both Accord Plug-in and Fit EV owners are unable to use the mobile EV app.

Fingers crossed Honda has learned their lesson and will keep this more reliable...but we shall see. They still do not offer phone support on weekends...
---

Back