charging accord with 30 amp blink charger

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Btate

Getting error messages{on car} when I try to charge my new 2014 accord plug in with my blink charger from the "ev project"{2011 nissan leaf}. Anyone have ideas why if won't take the charge? please call when free to discuss if possible. Thanks, Ben 805-705-3220

How do you see error messages on the car? Did you turn the car off? It must be off to charge. What is the message?

I've been wondering why the car doesn't seem to have any status, other than the little green light in the charger door, to monitor the charge session.

Lompoc Honda seemes to think my blink charger is "giving/putting out" to much amperage to the accord, so I dialled back the amperage to 16 amps. Will post again when see how it does with new amperage.

That's unlikely... I've used multiple 220V 30A charging stations in my area and not had a problem. I haven't found a working Blink public charger yet though.

What error are you getting and where do you see it?

Used a public Bliink charger outside of San Francisco, CA and worked fine. I believe some blink chargers had issues in terms of cheap connections that had to be replaced, but sounds like most had been fixed. And I am also curious...where did you see an error message on your accord plug-in and what did it say specifically?

The error message came on the center of the car's display{where spedometer is}. Have charged it multiple times now w/no problems. Thanks, Ben

blink home charger dialled back to 16 amps worked for a week then another error message like before. honda reset car again and told be the accord has a 'heat sensor'that automaticaly shuts down charging to car when it gets too hot.also had an emmions error the other day that honda reset. wonder if their related. now just charging snail 110 in my garage until honda works out the "BUGS"

Maybe you can take a picture of the error so we can see? I still can't figure out where / when you see this error on the car.

What temperature is it in your area when you charge? Are you charging in a closed garage when this happens? It's interesting... I've noticed that the car does run a fan near the battery during charging that seems to pull air from the passenger cabin. It's hasn't been too hot here (don't think I've charged above 85F yet), but I'm curious what the upper limits on 30A charging are.

Now lompoc honda is replacing "Heat sensor" part. T :eek: hink I may have to buy the honda specific 220 home charger :(

I don't know any reason this would be a problem with the charger. It sounds to me like the car is having some issue with sensors in the charge circuit. I think the dealer is on the right track.

I recently installed a Leviton 40A charger, which is supposed to run the full 32A capability of the Accord. I haven't had any error messages so far (it's been really cold here though, so I wouldn't expect any heat issues until it warms up .)

Back