HV Mode

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accordman

Can folks comment on when to "specifically" switch to the HV mode using the button by the gear shifter? I understand the HV CHARGE MODE, but pure HV? I have not touched that since I bot the car... I let the power algorithm decide when to switch to HV/EV/Gas only (I can see the Vehicle energy flow, thus know that it is in HV vs Gas).... Not sure whether to run this HV right after my EV mode has used up my battery charge, or never use it or always leave it on....

Education on this would be great help.

Best

As far as I can tell, the only reason to use the HV mode setting is if you have electric miles available and want to save them for later rather than use them up immediately. Frankly, I can't think of a reason you would want to do that, but perhaps there is one that doesn't occur to me.

Yep, that's exactly what I do. It's about 5 miles from my house to the freeway (and I don't have charging capabilities at my job) so I use the 'HV Mode' while on the freeway to save up my electric miles for the trip back home. I'm assuming that's the most economical thing to do but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't see any economic justification for switching in and out of the HV mode at first blush. If you want to really game the system, I suppose you could try to maximize the use of electric miles at times when gas mileage would be worst, but that is pretty hard to control. Otherwise, you get about 15 miles on electricity and it just doesn't matter at what point in a longer trip you use them.

Back