Technical drawings of Accord plug in lithium ion battery

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runman27

Purchased a Burnished Silver plug in, paid $1360 over sticker in Pacific Honda in San Diego, upgraded from a Nissan LEAF and didnt realize how luxurious and top of the line this Accord plug in really is. Beautiful car, averaged about 86 MPG on a san diego round trip from orange county doing about (4) 30 min charges. Then averaging about 95 to 100 mpg on a normal 40 mile round trip, with only 1 fully charge. :) , will take this over Volt any day of the week, even with reduced EV range.
But Im trying to find technical drawings or tech manual for Accord plug in (understand its very new and publications may not be out yet), because i am considering installing a extended range battery (approximately a 8 kWh add on) and vendor said he cant do much without the electrical schematic on the battery and motor wiring. Anybody have any ideas of where I could go, or if someone has a service advisor friend at Honda who could help? i already tried Honda corporate but hit a road block trying to get any data.

I haven't heard of or seen a technical drawing of Accord Plug in lithium ion battery. But I dont think it would be easy to find.

Wow, you found a silver one. :) I haven't seen any of the silver listed at dealers yet.

Have you asked the dealer for the service manual? They can normally get them, but might have to order it for you. Your local dealer might be able to as well. They usually charge for it though. It may have details on the electrics, but might not as well, as it may be considered a dealer service item.

Cobra":3otnsu79 said:
Wow, you found a silver one. :) I haven't seen any of the silver listed at dealers yet.

Have you asked the dealer for the service manual? They can normally get them, but might have to order it for you. Your local dealer might be able to as well. They usually charge for it though. It may have details on the electrics, but might not as well, as it may be considered a dealer service item.

Thanks for responding, yes I found the burnished silver and got the windows tinted with it, looks even better now. Good advice, will ask the dealer if I can get a service manual for it. It may have at least a basic schematic possibly, if able to get manual. Are you still looking to get one? Actually black was my top choice, and burn silver second, but this has a nice blend and classy with the brown dash inside etc.

Back