Who bought Accord Plug in?

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damon

Is there any onwer of Honda Accord Plug in, in the forum? How is the experience of having this car?

I bought an Accord Plug-in Mar. 03. So far it's everything I expected and more. I realize I'll never buy another traditional gasoline engine car again and might go all electric next time because hate to have it kick into hybrid from all electric.

Bill, congrats! Looks like you're the first on the forum perhaps?!

What color, where did you buy it from? Was it a good experience or painful? Did your dealer know anything about it?

My wife and I are working with our finances and hope to get one in the next bit, although availability in our region may steer us to buy a different EV.

Was able to get the 2014 Plug-in Accord finally after months of waiting. Paid MSRP, plus destination charges & taxes. The dealer was based out of San Diego and he did not charge me more than MSRP, for which I am thankful. The car drives and feels great. Using my Android app and registering it via HOnda, you can turn on/off the car's air-conditioning remotely. I called HOnda's customer service and they said that all Plug-in Accords have a built in cellular/GPS connection which sends all kinds of usage data about the car remotely to Honda. I believe this data will be used by Honda to study the Plug-in users' habits and fine tune the technology, including battery life, capacity and make the car even better for future mass production. Let me know if you have any questions about this car and my experience.

Congratulations Melanie! Is there any charge for the cellular connection? I wondered about that. There is a note in the manual about location and usage information being sent to Honda from the car. I was surprised to see that.

Is that same connection used for the App to connect to the car for charging information and climate control?

Hi Melanie,

I've read that trunk space is troubling. How would you describe the size of the trunk; eg., what might fit in it?

What other cars did you compare this to, and how would you compare them?

Thanks, so much,

Jay Miller

The trunk is about half the size of a regular Accord. It stops a bit inside the front lip of the trunk hatch, because the batteries are mounted behind the back seat.

The trunk is big enough to hold a couple of medium-sized suitcases lying side-by-side. One could possibly put a couple of smaller cases on top of them if they aren't too thick. It is a small trunk, but not ridiculously so.

By the way, the trunk in the Ford Fusion Energi is much worse. The volume is similar to the Accord but the shape of the space makes it almost useless.

Can anyone let me know if the rear seats fold down? I test drove the fusion energi, which was nice, but the trunk was a dealbreaker. Tiny!

No, the rear seat does not fold down in the Accord PHEV either.

I have not seen a picture of the Fusion Energi's trunk, is it really bad? At least the Honda has a mostly square trunk space in the PHEV, although about half the volume of the not plug-in Accord. I have a picture which I will try and post. I didn't realize we could not attach photos on the forum.

I purchased an Accord PHEV on Mar. 03. I received a call to get an audio/navigation update, however, the dealer does not have the software necessary for the update.

I purchased an Accord PHEV on Mar. 03.. The trunk is a negative aspect you have to accept; I can fit a large cooler but not much else in it. I received a call to get an audio/navigation update after going for the update I was told they didn't have the necessary software for the update.

I just read the sales report for the Accord PHEV for June. After driving the car for four months, it's a mystery to me that they have only sold 200 in five and a half months despite only being available in California and New York. Honda is not shipping enough or the price is scarying some buyers away, however, in view of what your getting, I don't think the price is exorbitant.

I purchased mine on June 27th in Sonoma County, California. The sales figures just don't make sense to me; with the incentives the price of the PHEV isn't much of a premium over the other Accords. While the 0-60 time doesn't hold a candle to the EX-L, it's got plenty of torque and gets moving in a hurry if you need it to. Those times also puts the Prius (all models) to shame.

Not that Honda's promoting the car very heavily but I know the local dealer considered the PHEV their "showcase" car.

I just picked one up in NY last week. They are a little pricey, but I was able to get them down to $38.2k at the second dealer I went to. Really like it so far.

I Bought one last weekend, total price 38K, in Escondido CA. The traffic on the Navi is not working and I can't seem to get Honda Link EV to recognize the VIN number, but otherwise its great.

Congratulations. :) Did you register on the honda ev website with your VIN? That needs to be done before the app will work. Did you get your PIN number from the dealer? I did not and had to call the hondalink support number. Within about 48hrs after, it started to work.

Back