Who bought Accord Plug in?

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info. Very interesting-the dealer doesn't seem to know anything. I called honda and they said they will call me back, but so far nothing. Very odd customer service.

@Dantec,

Calling normal Honda Customer Service wasted a day for me.

Call: 1-877-418-7487 and they'll let you choose your PIN and set it up right over the phone in a matter of a few minutes.

Once you get the PIN, register your vehicle at the ev.owners.honda.com site (again specify the same info you used over the phone w/ the agent. if you already have an account, when you login, it will say "No vehicle" and bring you right to the 'add a vehicle' screen. If not, you'll need to go through the registration process on that site.

As weird as this sounds...within minutes of registering, Traffic started to work on my GPS/NAV as well...
Weird that Traffic is somehow tied to having an active EV Homelink account but it seems ot be...

Hope this helps!

Yeah, what rinthos said. It sounds like the dealers are supposed to do an online setup with you, for 'Honda Telematics'. But some of them don't, maybe they don't know or they forget. It seems they do need to go in to some Honda system and setup your purchase with the VIN number. (I called Honda and they said, 'this VIN isn't setup yet'. This was the corporate help line.)

The App setup is a HondaLink thing. The HondaLink helpline is what rinthos mentioned. They can get you the HondaLink PIN and setup your HondaLink EV account if the dealer did not. If you start at http://owners.honda.com you will be sent to the EV site instead to setup your online account. The helpline rinthos mentioned is referenced from the honda website.

Thanks.

I finally got it set up. A very interesting process. You would think that it would be a bit more organized either at the dealer end or with Honda.

rinthos":186irfcm said:
@Dantec,

Calling normal Honda Customer Service wasted a day for me.

Call: 1-877-418-7487 and they'll let you choose your PIN and set it up right over the phone in a matter of a few minutes.

Once you get the PIN, register your vehicle at the ev.owners.honda.com site (again specify the same info you used over the phone w/ the agent. if you already have an account, when you login, it will say "No vehicle" and bring you right to the 'add a vehicle' screen. If not, you'll need to go through the registration process on that site.

As weird as this sounds...within minutes of registering, Traffic started to work on my GPS/NAV as well...
Weird that Traffic is somehow tied to having an active EV Homelink account but it seems ot be...

Hope this helps!
This worked! Thanks!

Just bought mine a week ago. Nice to drive. Only about 10 miles on battery but it is 20-30 degrees out. Honda just put huge money on the car. Paid just $30k!!!

Honda has about 10k money back on the car right now. Check out honda website. The lease is under $300. The buyout on mine is 19k didnt put any money down. I think it might be ny and ca only.

Jaycee":2cbmp5g7 said:
Honda has about 10k money back on the car right now. Check out honda website. The lease is under $300. The buyout on mine is 19k didnt put any money down. I think it might be ny and ca only.

It possible the dealer that sold yours gave you the federal tax credits in addition to the lower cost on the lease? Heard of this happening once on the EV Fit...if so the dealer finance department made a big oops..in your favor! Part of the Honda lease special assumes Honda gets the federal tax credit rebate... :)
---

Yeah, that's the way the lease works. The price of the car is reduced by the federal and state credits. The writer of the lease gets them. But 10k is more than the credits I've heard of so far. Nice job.

The tax credit was like $3500. The rest is honda money back to the dealer. Word is honda will get fined if they don't sell the number of phev by end of this year they committed to. Has to do with cafe ratings.

Not seeing $10k applied to the vehicle or vehicle lease. This car needs a price cut in order to be competitive with the others in the class (who also have had recent price cuts).

Here's how the CA lease "deal" seems to work out:

15084 total of lease payments (36 x 429)
3299 down
19000 residual
37383+/- total of all payments if you buy car for residual. [There may be only 35 lease payments, and the down includes some lease fees.]

vs. a sticker of 39-40K?

If you MUST have this limited production car, it seems like you'd be better off buying, if you can take the tax credit and sell the used car after 3 years. Honda putting $10K into the deal would make it price competitive.

339x36=12204 19000 buy out no money down or out of pocket thats31204 including tax and fees. This is in ny. Don't know how long it will last but this was the same price as an ex.

Here's the NY deal from Honda:

2014 Accord Plug-In CVT PHEV Featured Special Lease
Offer valid from 11/5/2013 through 1/6/2014

$269.00 per month for 36 months. $3,299.00 total due at signing. Offer only available to residents of New York.
Includes down payments with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, titles and dealer fees. For well qualified lessees.
Closed end lease for 2014 Accord Plug-In CVT PHEV (CR5F7EGW) available from November 5, 2013 through January 6, 2014, to well-qualified lessees approved by Honda Financial Services. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $40,570.00 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Actual net capitalized cost $26,302.07. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $9,684.00. Option to purchase at lease end $19,067.90. Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from dealer stock by January 6, 2014. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mile over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, and 20¢/mile over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more. See your Honda dealer for complete details.

Buyer beware... Don't be fooled into Honda's advertised leased deals. If you actually talk to the dealers (and if they are honest straight up) they will say "they don't have to participate in those deals" or claim "we aren't part of Honda". Basically "they will charge whatever they want to because of the limited production of the hybrid plug-ins."

Before you sign, watch how they got their numbers, do your research and learn the lease terminology. Especially how they get to the actual net capitalization cost. To get as low as $26302 is impossible without some kind of additional manufacture or dealer incentives because the government rebate is only ~$2700 (which the dealer will claim for themselves if you lease).

They will also claim the fed gov rebate as their "own incentive" despite the fact you can claim same amount yourself if you bought the car (which btw expires this year). Oh yeh, they also don't tell you about the $3200 rent fee that comes with leasing which negates the rebate that was subtracted. Plus the $269/month advertised price NEVER includes the state sales tax!

SRL99 is absolutely right! you are better off buying. Likely at MSRP (some are charging higher), plus with dealer added options. At least you get the claim the federal tax credit yourself and the state tax you pay is also a tax deduction! And you have the freedom to sell your car at anytime.

If you are getting "funny business" or funny numbers from your dealer, walk out and go somewhere else. You will be driving this vehicle for a while, and you don't want to regret trips to the service dep't.

Honda needs a price cut, even Ford dropped their MSRP: See story at http://insideevs.com/ford-fusion-energi ... -to-34700/ , people just don't have to pay a huge premium for a 10 mile all-electric range. (Plug-in-Prius, Volt, now Fusion have all had significant price cuts.)

Back