Anybody else have an electric engine coolant pump problem?

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javel

Twice yesterday, when using the engine at freeway speeds, the display in the speedometer showed "Engine cooling system problem" and engine power was hugely reduced -- the car would only reluctantly get itself off the road. (Full electric power wasn't available either, but the car was in HV mode; maybe it would have been better in EV.) Turning the car off and on restored power, but a check engine light and "Emissions system problem" message remained.

Today the dealer found trouble code P2602 which a techinfo.honda.com subscription translates as Coolant Pump "A" Control Circuit Low. It means the electric water pump turned fewer than 600 rpm for at least five seconds despite being sent a control signal that should have it turning more than 1000 rpm (from a chart on the P2601 diagnostics).

Unless Honda announces a software or PCM revision for this, I suspect a new pump is in order.

Anybody else have issues in this space? P2601, P2602, or P2603 trouble codes all relate.

i thnk i had the same problem and honda said there was an "ungrade/computer reset". they did it and d i've had no problems

I've had the engine system orange light go on three different times. I took it to the dealer late in the afternoon and was told I could bring it in the next morning when the light went out. I left in anyway one time and was told they weren't able to see anything wrong after they looked in the log.

Back