Honda Accord Hybrid to make Japanese debut in June

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt

Honda Accord Hybrid to make Japanese debut in June.

Honda is set to launch its fully-remodeled Japanese version of the Accord Hybrid sedan domestically in June, according to the Nikkei. The Accord Plug-in Hybrid is also set to be introduced in Japan then, but will only be available for leasing by businesses and municipalities.

The Accord Hybrid, set to sell for slightly more than three million yen (RM104,300) in Japan, will be powered by a two-motor Sport Hybrid Intelligent Multi-Mode Drive (i-MMD) and a 2.0 litre i-VTEC four-cylinder Atkinson-cycle engine, with EV operation possible up to 100 km/h.

The vehicle is to offer a best-in-class fuel economy of 29 km per litre, which puts it ahead of the 23.4 km per litre and 23.2 km per litre being offered by Toyota’s Camry and Crown hybrids. The fuel economy will also be the best among Hondas, beating the Insight hybrid’s 27.2km per liter.

The North American version of the plug-in, the 2014 Accord Plug-in, is scheduled to go on sale in the US soon.
Read more in Accord Plug in forum.

So still six months for the Honda Accord plug in to hit the market. I'm interested to see how it is accepted by the customers.

Back