Honda Officially Launches 2014 Accord Plug-In Hybrid

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damon

Today is the official launch date for Honda's first entry in the plug-in hybrid vehicle market in the United States: the 2014 Accord Plug-In Hybrid. Initially, the 2014 Accord Plug-In Hybrid will only be available in New York and California, but as time passes by, the plug-in sedan is expected to be offered in other states.
The Accord PHEV is the first gas-burning vehicle to qualify for CARB’s Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle 20 (SULEV 20) standard. This implies emissions of 20 milligrams or less per mile.

The $39,780 (base MSRP prior to federal tax credit of $3,334) Accord plug-in is rated at 124 MPGe city; 105 MPGe highway; and 115 MPGe combined. Its electric-only range is listed at 13 miles and its fuel economy rating is 47 mpg city, 46 mpg highway and 46 mpg combined.

The Accord plug-in features a 2.0-liter i-VTEC four-cylinder Atkinson cycle engine and a 124-kW electric motor. Honda claims that the plug-in Accord can be charged in less than one hour using a Level 2 setup or in three hours with a 120-volt outlet.

The Honda Accord Plug-in Hybrid joins the Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid, Fisker Karma, and Ford C-Max Energi in the PHEV market, offering an unprecedented amount of consumer choice in terms of price, brand, technical configuration, and all-electric range. The Ford Fusion Energi follow later this year, and the Cadillac ELR in early 2014, giving car shoppers seven plug-in hybrids to consider.
It's rejoice time for members of Accord Plug in Forum.

Cobra":36fr19vy said:
We'll see. The dealers I called so far don't seem to know anything yet.
Welcome to Accord Plug in Forum. I have read similar news. I dont know why your dealer doesnt have any information on this. But this news is verified.

Per the dealer who called me a couple of days ago, there are a total of four cars being released in the entire US. He has been told that their dealership will be getting one of the four soon, but does not have the exact date.

Yes, I have seen the news as well. It's just the dealers who don't seem to know yet. I called three in the New York area and they don't seem to know anything about availability.

juschillin":370yh6x8 said:
Per the dealer who called me a couple of days ago, there are a total of four cars being released in the entire US. He has been told that their dealership will be getting one of the four soon, but does not have the exact date.

Wow, four isn't very many. Are you willing to share the dealership or the region it is in?

juschillin":3rdvofa6 said:
I wonder why no one has any information! The web is all full with Accord Plug in release news then how come dealers don't know anything?

Back