Release date in Los Angeles

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juschillin

I called a couple of dealerships and was told that the car will be in the showrooms sometime in March 2013. Does anyone know the reason Honda's press release has a Jan 15th date?

Thanks

Jan 15th is a little strange, I could see it being the 14th of January...

The North American International Auto Show is open to press only on the 14th and 15th and Honda is presenting from 1:50-2:15 pm on the 14th, which I assume will include announcements and information about the Accord Plug-in release dates and roll-out cities.

In the dealerships in March is more information than I'd known before, thanks! Unless it's just dealerships blowing smoke :D

juschillin":192drwdt said:
I called a couple of dealerships and was told that the car will be in the showrooms sometime in March 2013. Does anyone know the reason Honda's press release has a Jan 15th date?

Thanks

This article says the Accord PHEV will go on sale in early January: http://www.myaccordplugin.com/honda-accord-phev-forum
Maybe they'll start pre-selling them then, and they'll end up on dealer lots a few months later? That would line up with what those dealerships told you.

On Honda's site, they say the "Accord Plug-in Hybrid will be available in New York and California on 1/15/13." When I first read it I thought they meant it would be at the auto show, but then I re-read it, and it makes it seem they'll be ready for purchase then!
http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-hybrids/

Guess I'm a bit late on replying since Accord Plug in already released. But it was 15th January.

I'm curious when dealers in CA or NY will start to handle the Plug in. I called a couple in NY and so far they don't know anything. One called me back on Tues, and I thought they were going to talk availability. But all he said was his sales manager said the hybrid was coming at the end of the year.

:lol:

Back