Why I'm getting this over the Lexus ES 300H

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigeasy

I was set to put down a deposit on the Lexus ES 300H when the press release caught my eye. I am in my 40's and looking for something reliable/safe/tech features/hybrid without breaking the bank. The ES is $46500 with all the bells and whistles but this car is similarly outfitted for less money and better gas mileage. Plus the tax credit makes it even a better deal. Sure, there are cheaper hybrids out there but none that compares with the Accord for me and plus it actually looks, dare I say, sporty?

I called around to some different dealerships in NY and they indicated that each dealership in the state would be getting just one car and if they sold it they would get more. I put down a deposit as no one else had yet done so - salesman indicated that it should be 3-4 weeks. Fwiw, I called another NY dealership right before that and was told they had no release information and it would be 3-4 months before they could even think about selling one - wouldn't even take my name down. Not sure if I will actually be getting one but at least I think I have a good shot...

Willing to share which dealership? :)

I've talked to a few, the only one that so far claims to be getting one was Honda of New Rochelle, with a white one coming in 'about a month.'

It's listed on their website as well, but not in stock yet.

I honestly don't remember because I just started calling randomly and closed out my browser when I got "put on the list". I am expecting an email from my salesman closer to the time of the delivery and will be glad to post the name once that happens. I'm really not trying to be mysterious because I think if they are inundated with calls then they will realize how great of a seller this could potentially be. I really hope cars like this start becoming more of the standard rather than something we have to go on a treasure hunt for...

Searched through my history and found the dealership:

Bronx Honda

Servicing the Tri-State Area and Beyond!
Sales: (800) 605-6579

Nice.

They even mention it on their website. They are one of the first ones. Did they have any idea what color they would get in first? I'm curious if anyone gets the special plug-in Burnished Silver Metallic in. It'd be nice to see that one and see what people think about it.

Salesman just called me and said my car is on a ship from Japan and should be here in a few weeks. Said it's a black one (they would have to trade around for a silver one and no one was willing to trade) and gave me the VIN number right then as well. Very excited and definitely will be getting the extended warranty on this - will post pictures when it arrives!

Did they say there where some silver ones? I haven't found any silver anywhere yet. There are a couple white and black ones coming to NY, and a couple seem to have arrived already, but no silver I can find.

You can always ask them which dealer has silver.

Back