SERVICING

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill1721

The Honda Dealer near my home does not sell Accord Plug-ins and mine is the only one the service department has seen, therefore, they don't appear to know much about the plug-ins. My first servicing will be due soon and my question is are there differences on how the accord plug-ins are maintained and checked?

I need to review the manual more, but I think the main thing at first service will be oil change to change out the factory oil. Most other things will be inspections. I don't have a local Plug-In dealer either, so was planning to use my local non-Honda mechanic for basic service. Then at end of year Honda should start carrying the regular hybrid nationwide, so the regular dealers should learn most of the hybrid system at that point. Where are you located?

I live right outside of Wilkes-Barre, PA and don't have much confidence in local dealers knowledge of accord hybrids at this time.

I just had mine serviced for the 1st time at the Honda dealer. All they did to the car was an oil change & tire rotation. They also did a software update.

What is the cost of service? Is it more expensive to service an accord plug in than regular one?

I originally thought there was a difference between the two in terms of type of service and price. But after I paid $53 for the oil change/tire rotation, my statement didn't show they did anything special to the car because it was a plug-in hybrid. Going forward, I'll take it to a regular oil change station because its closer & more convenient for me. However, for the major services & software downloads, I'll send it to the Honda dealer.

Ah, a software upgrade. Have you noticed any changes?

I can post a sequence up to look at the versions. Maybe we can compare and see what the latest is.

Unfortunately, the Honda Service reps poorly communicated what was in the software upgrade, so I can't speak to exactly the reasoning. However, afterwards I did notice a bump in my EV mileage. Prior to the upgrade, I was getting a range of 12 - 14 EV miles and with the software upgrade, 14 - 16 EV miles is my new normal.

Cobra":1xpc3nyh said:
I can post a sequence up to look at the versions. Maybe we can compare and see what the latest is.

Please do, I'd be curious to see what software versions we're using (and if I can get another 2 miles in EV by upgrading to GreenRide's version, I'll be at the service counter next week!)

There's a pretty good summary of the iMID diagnostics menu over on the driveaccord forums, most of this sequence comes from their info.

Go in to accessory mode (or start the car, any mode with the iMID powered up.)

Press NAV, Back, & Menu at the same time, holding for about 4 seconds. You should get diagnosis menu on the upper screen and a Monitor Check menu on the lower screen (if you have it on.)

Use the wheel, scroll to 'Detail Information & Setting' & press Enter.

Use the wheel and pick 'Version'

I don't know all the different versions yet, I'll attach a shot of mine so we can compare.

Select 'Return' at the top of the screen several times to get out, or power off the car. Be careful exploring these menus, some can save settings in your car. I would stay away from the 'Update' or 'Download' options, unless you have an idea what they do. At least one person who tried one of the 'Update' option said it started some sort of process he had trouble getting out of.

edit: If I could attach a pic... I can't seem to in this forum. Is the only option to link to an external pic?

A couple key versions:
Flash 1.00.2115
ERATO IPL 01.18.1001

Following Cobra's steps, I have a similar version plus:

Program
SH
Flash 1.00.2115
HDD 1.00.2115
USB
Disc

IPL 3.200.228
DBOOT 4.017.120
HDD 4.009.028.1200
DSP

ERATO
IPL 01.18.0001
APP 01.18.0001
BU uCOM
APP 1.180

Model T3VA
Coverage KA

So I'm new to the plug-in accord club..but a California dealer received this one August 2013, and I got it a few days ago. Never been told of any software update, but my numbers are identical to yours, GreenRide, except for ERATO numbers which on mine are:

IPL: 01.18.1001
and APP: 01.18.1001

All other values match. Just for kicks, when I go (not in diagnostic mode) to Menu -> Settings -> Navi Settings, and under "Other", system information, I see:
verST001.00.02
Ver 1.00.2115

I'm curious, anyone have other numbers that are different?
---

Mine are the same, I have all the same as GreenRide, except the change you posted rinthos, which I have. I wonder if Greenride missed a '1' in that one version?

I wonder what the update changed. I haven't seen different numbers yet.

I'm also seeing:

ERRATO
IPL 01.18.0001
APP 01.18.0001

Bu uCom
APP 1.180

..so it sounds like there's a slightly newer version out there

My car was purchased in late June, S/N 00133

I have a feeling my car was one of the 1st deliveries, therefore probably had an old software because I purchased it mid-April.

That makes sense. I just picked this one up week before last and the dealer said they had it 'a week or two'.

Wonder what changed from build 0001 to 1001...ah well, appears i've got the latest, so that can't be a bad thing.

i am going to pick my new accord next week but there is nothing in the manual about service scheduled and the dealership does not know. Do any of you know ?

The new accords seem to rely mostly on the maintenance minder. The dash will tell you how long until the next service interval (mine is saying 9 months presently.) When you get near the next service the dash will tell you service is required. I suspect the service is listed in the service manuals, but not in the user manuals anymore.

The maintenance minder is what to follow. Doesn't really calculate electric miles into it. I would not recommend anyone taking the car to some quick lube. Don't need some 18 yr kid messing it up or getting hurt because they know nothing about the car. Most dealers are now hybrid trained because the regular hybrid is out. Plus the civic has had a hybrid for many years.

Back