SERVICING

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaycee":1qg3so7b said:
The maintenance minder is what to follow. Doesn't really calculate electric miles into it. I would not recommend anyone taking the car to some quick lube. Don't need some 18 yr kid messing it up or getting hurt because they know nothing about the car. Most dealers are now hybrid trained because the regular hybrid is out. Plus the civic has had a hybrid for many years.

Accord Hybrid with the same design (minus charger and w/ smaller battery) is so new most dealer service departments not up to speed yet...
Also the civic hybrid models are soooooo different design and maintenance-wise it could be a bad thing if service-techs assume this car is the same design....parallel motors vs in-line serial IMA...completely different powertrain, requires very different expertise.

You are right about the ima civic. Guess my dealer is up on the latest tech with the cars.

Jaycee":3r8brcee said:
You are right about the ima civic. Guess my dealer is up on the latest tech with the cars.

Quite possible, yeah. There are a few dealers out there that are rather quick to pick up the new things, yet others just behind, so if you've found a good dealer and service department, stick with them! :)

Absolutely true! One week after I bought my plug-in hybrid, I had to get it serviced already for serious issue that caused the car to lose power while on the freeway (see other forum posts for similar reported experiences). The Honda dealer where I originally bought my car was completely clueless on what was the problem. They claimed they never heard of the issue because it was so new. So I had to take it to my local Honda dealer (different location), and the service guy immediately told me there was a software fix. Needless to say, I will NEVER go back to buy or service a car to that other dealer EVER!

Back