Honda Announces March Sales figures

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
46 seems to be pretty good considering the competition for Accord Plug in has not been easy. Have you checked Accord Plug in Forum for those sales info?

I don't really understand your question matt. I posted the sales numbers here on the forum. Where are you from?

actually the FIT sold 46; the PHEV accord sold 45, but it is only available in two states. Does Honda consider that a success? I live in Philadelphia and plan to buy one later this year after I hear some more opinions on it.

EDIT: Wow - sucks that I just read Honda will not sell the PHEV Accord in states other than NY and CA. I "could" go to NY and buy one but this concerns me - 1) I lose any negotiating leverage I would have because they will know I am driving over an hour up the turnpike also the limited availability. I love to negotiate but how much snakier can it get than a NY car salesman that knows he has the upperhand? 2) Will my local Honda dealer know how to service my car? Also, usually when you buy a new car you like to make them throw in perks like free services when you about to close the deal just to wrap it up, but I am not willing to take a long trip just for maintenance.

I own an Accord now and love it, so I was stoked to find out about the PHEV Accord as it is time for me to buy a new car. I am environmentally aware and the big draw to the Accord PHEV is I can drive in a decent looking car without looking like some eco-tool e.g Prius,Leaf and Volt. Can anyone tell me if there are other PHEV/EV that look like normal cars in this price range?

ecc088":4qybse05 said:
actually the FIT sold 46; the PHEV accord sold 45, but it is only available in two states. Does Honda consider that a success? I live in Philadelphia and plan to buy one later this year after I hear some more opinions on it.
Ah, yeah, sorry, off by one.

EDIT: Wow - sucks that I just read Honda will not sell the PHEV Accord in states other than NY and CA.
Where did you read this? I haven't seen that claim from anywhere that I feel is credible. But Honda has also not said _when_ they will sell it outside CA and NY. Maybe they will only introduce the conventional hybrid nationwide. I don't believe they have said. Did you find something from Honda that says otherwise?

I read it on an article from myelectriccarforums.com and it was last January of this year.

Currently, Honda has no plans to offer the Accord Plug-in outside of California and New York. “We looked at the states where there was significant recharging infrastructure in place,” spokesman Chris Martin said. “It’s going to be very limited production of this vehicle. Consumers are not going to necessarily be able to drop into every dealer and do a test drive. … [But] a lot of dealers are signed up.”

Honda does plan to offer a standard, plug-free Accord Hybrid nationwide later this year, but no mileage or pricing details have been released yet.

Back