Honda link ev account

Honda Accord Forum

Help Support Honda Accord Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaycee

I just purchased my accord I can't access the ev app. Keeps telling me no vehicle in data base. Also wants pin from honda link account. How do I get pin. I registered but I didn't get a pin. Can anyone help with this.
Thanks

If your dealer didn't give you the info, then you can call the ev link 800 number directly and they will set you up. You'll find it on the ev link web site. You may have to wait 24-48 hours (or more) for it to start working, as it seems to also need the VIN number or something to be setup in Honda's servers. That seems to happen after your sale is entered by the dealer.

Shame on Honda Customer Service and Dealers for not being clear about this process....

Call: 1-877-418-7487 and they'll let you choose your PIN and set it up right over the phone in a matter of a few minutes.

Once you get the PIN, register your vehicle at the ev.owners.honda.com site (again specify the same info you used over the phone w/ the agent. if you already have an account, when you login, it will say "No vehicle" and bring you right to the 'add a vehicle' screen. If not, you'll need to go through the registration process on that site.

rinthos":2z1b29tj said:
Shame on Honda Customer Service and Dealers for not being clear about this process....

Call: 1-877-418-7487 and they'll let you choose your PIN and set it up right over the phone in a matter of a few minutes.

Once you get the PIN, register your vehicle at the ev.owners.honda.com site (again specify the same info you used over the phone w/ the agent. if you already have an account, when you login, it will say "No vehicle" and bring you right to the 'add a vehicle' screen. If not, you'll need to go through the registration process on that site.

Thanks. Got it set up. The app doesn't work well. Has not turned on climate system yet and the last few days has not worked at all. Keeps saying connection issue. Am I doing something wrong or is this feature just not reliable.

Jaycee":29ilorwk said:
rinthos":29ilorwk said:

Thanks. Got it set up. The app doesn't work well. Has not turned on climate system yet and the last few days has not worked at all. Keeps saying connection issue. Am I doing something wrong or is this feature just not reliable.

It's not the most reliable...but here's the architecture in a nutshell..

App talks to Honda Server. Honda Server will queue up commands to send/query car. Honda Server then talks back to App.

A few things to note...
I believe Honda chose to work with Sprint for cellular connectivity for the car...so does your car reside in an area where Sprint coverage is decent?
Have you tried making the changes through the Honda web /Ev owner portal? (that will let you know if it's an App issue or communicating w/ car issue).
Is the car plugged in/charging when trying the commands? Plug it into a L2 charger and then give a shot, see if it works.

Hope this is of some help, don't have a magic answer on this one :(

You probably saw they other thread that says the server is down…

The climate system actually worked more often than I thought, because it's hard to tell when it actually runs. I finally sat in the car once with it turned off and requested climate control to see if it ever worked.

Having said that, I'm not sure what it does. I had it defrost the car and warm it somewhat on a cold morning, then a couple days later it didn't seem to run long enough to defrost, but I could tell it had run because the car wasn't very cold inside.

I don't believe you are supposed to need to leave any particular setting on the climate system before you use the remote control, but it's hard to tell, as the system runs without turning on any dash status to show you what it's settings are...

Cobra":1ynge60l said:
You probably saw they other thread that says the server is down…
Yep, think that was my post... ;) In this post the OP did note when the service was functional it didn't seem to work either.

Cobra":1ynge60l said:
The climate system actually worked more often than I thought, because it's hard to tell when it actually runs. I finally sat in the car once with it turned off and requested climate control to see if it ever worked.

Having said that, I'm not sure what it does. I had it defrost the car and warm it somewhat on a cold morning, then a couple days later it didn't seem to run long enough to defrost, but I could tell it had run because the car wasn't very cold inside.

I don't believe you are supposed to need to leave any particular setting on the climate system before you use the remote control, but it's hard to tell, as the system runs without turning on any dash status to show you what it's settings are...

Lots of rumors and speculation about what you leave set on the CC system before the remote instructions kick in...
The ultimate "secrets" are just that it only runs if temperatures are in the "acceptable range" (per the manual), yet nowhere does it specify the acceptable range... ;)

The rumor for that is if temperatures fall in the ranges of: 60F - 90F inside the car and 50F - 80F outside the car, it will NOT run. If temperatures are outside that range, the remote climate control will simply bring the inside temperatures to fall in that range.

Back